Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to Blogging

Hi everyone:

I posted this morning on Karen's blog "that I need a place to fellowship and like Karen, am having trouble finding a "church" where I can be and not feel like I'm betraying what God is showing me about what His body is."

It has been over six months since I've written anything. Why? A couple of things come to mind. First, giving up my place on God's Word to Women was hard. I still believe that I did what God desired, but finding what was next has been difficult. I've spent much time reading and seeking direction.

Secondly, family. We had two granddaughters graduate from High School. In May, Jennifer, our son's daughter, played through district and regionals to the state finals in golf with her team from Andrews High School in West Texas. Grandma, was there for parts of it. Then there was her graduation.

Next our granddaughter Brittany, from Snow Lake, Manitoba Canada graduated. We were gone for a couple of weeks on that one.

I said a couple of things, actually ministry does enter in. A friend and I did a biblical womanhood seminar here in Wharton in July. Then we took it to New Mexico and I was gone for a couple of weeks. Great trip, I'll post some pictures. The response was good in New Mexico, almsot non-existant here. In both places it seemed that there were many much more pressing issues--not necessarily Kingdom issues.

Then, Ed and I went to Alaska on a delayed anniversay trip. We did a tour/cruise going from Ankorage to Denali then Fairbanks, Beaver Creek, White Horse and Skagway where we got on the the ship. Got home on Aug 27. Fantastic trip, more about it later.

All this to say, I'm wanting to get back into fellowship. I'll check out some of your blogs and see what's happening with you. Now family calls again, have to go and check on my mother-in-law.

Be blessed,
Pat

2 comments:

karen said...

Glad you're back.

Missy said...

Wow! What a summer, Pat. I missed you and very happy to see you around the neighborhood. :)